Check out how you stack up against the competition.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I know I am supposed to be all 'rah rah!' about swimming here. And usually I really do feel that way... energized with that 'good tired' feeling, feeling the fire of competition and striving for more more more! But today... well I can see why triathletes and non-swimmers find swimming so boring. I showed up to lap swim today. It was me, two elderly men and my neighbor Sarah who just happened to show up. I had the lane all to myself, so no reason to complain there. I even had my new money suit on, so that should have been reason enough to feel good. But god, swimming alone without my teammates was so just so....well BORING. I warmed up for as long as I could possibly stand. 9 minutes. (great.) Then I kicked on my back butterfly for as long as I could. 14 minutes. (better.) But then I just headed for the hot tub. Defeated. I need vacation to be over and I need my team back!!!
So for all you triathletes and non-Masters swimmers out there, the moral of this lame post is JOIN A TEAM!
Friday, February 12, 2010
I'm happy to say I've made several 2009 Top 10 times both for SCY and SCM in the 35-39 AG.
We'll see what 2010 holds....
SCY Top 10
50 fly - 27.80 (9th)
100 fly - 1:02.53 (9th)
SCM Top 10
50 fly - 29.85 (2nd)
50 free - 27.47 (3rd)
100 free - 1:02.49 (4th)
100 fly - 1:11.09 (3rd)
100 IM - 1:13.50 (8th)
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
10. I'm miss that neoprene smell
9. Compression -- a good thing for a 40-year old
8. That full body super hero look
7. The full body workout I got putting it on -seriously 15 minutes of huffing and puffing
6. Looking mean and lean
5. Won't be able to ask strangers, "Would you mind zipping me up?"
4. Won't be able to ask strangers, "Would you mind unzipping me?"
3. They just made me feel young again.
2. That electric rush of doing something new and different
1. Well - duh -- they're damn fast in the pool