Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back to OP

As my 4-year old son said it was a beautiful day for the beach. We headed back down to Ocean Park and after lubing all the kids up with sunblock we all headed down to the beach. My friend Mary was recovering and enjoying breakfast after a 3-hour workout that morning so I was lifeguard for 6 kiddos. Once Mary got down to the beach with her jumbo hazelnut coffee, the kids had already burned through 4 rice cakes, 2 oranges and a cheese stick -- and it was only 10:30. Time for ME! Out for my swim. I had a new funky green suit on and was psyched. The water felt great, cold but in a refreshing way... at least with that thick wetsuit on. I was feeling good so I swam for 40 minutes. I felt really strong on the way back and just motored with my legs, which usually I just kick in a 6 or 8 beat pattern. The waves and wind weren't too strong. Total of about 1.5 miles. What a great feeling today. Truely a great beach day. And when I got back my 3-year old was yelling "Mommy, Mommy" from the beach and gave me a big hug.

1 comment:

GetBackJoJo said...

thanks for watching all six while I ate! :) I can't wait to see how Peaks to Portland goes..