2008 was a good year for swimming....
* An awesome year of Masters swimming with all my lane 1 and 2 buddies!
*2.4 mile Peaks Island to Portland swim, my first P2P and longest open water swim - I placed 6th woman, 4th AG and 33rd overall.
*1.6 mile Rockland Breakwater swim, a real race around the .8 mile long Rockland ME lighthouse breakwater - I placed 2nd woman, 3rd overall.
*Zone Urban Epic Triathlon, as a relay team I completed the 1.2 mile open water swim from Mackworth Island to Portland's East End Beach. Our team -- Team Triple Threat had the fastest relay team time and I had the 2nd fastest relay swim time and 2nd fastest of the female age groupers.
*Bowdoin Erswell Masters Meet - fastest women's time in 50 fly, 100 fly and 100 free, and 2nd fastest woman in the 50 free. I think I broke some Maine Master's women's age 35-39 records but can't tell for sure because they haven't been updated on the website since 2007!
*Karlyn Pipes-Neilsen swim clinic at the Pen Bay YMCA - a fun afternoon clinic, cool people and an amazingly fast and knowledgeable woman!
*Coaching a new kids swim clinic in the fall and again this coming spring.
*Good times -- with Mary at ZUE, at OOB practicing, with Kathy at Rockland, watching Ange smoke her competition, swimming with all my super cool Master's teammates at 5:45am three times a week, spectating so many amazing triathlons with friends competing... what more can I say... all these folks have kept me inspired and alive!
Goals for 2009
* Complete my second Peaks to Portland faster than my first (52:27)-- remember not to drink OJ!
* Do my first sprint triathlon -- and finish it still running -- perhaps the Pirate Sprint at Point Sebago June 7th?
* Go to San Francisco with Kathy and finish the Alcatraz swim without being eaten by a shark!!
* Do a PR in the 50 free at some point this spring
* Do sub- 2:15 in the 200 free this spring
* Swim the 500 free in a meet
* Have another awesome summer of fun in OP/CE with Mary and the gang
* Take advantage of as many ADVENTURES as I can and create them whenever I can
* Keep it FUN!