Friday, December 5, 2008

Why I swim

Another tough workout this morning. I must be getting old.

400 ez pull
6 x 100 on 2:00 with fins
odd - back
even - free, 3rd length underwater
100 swim down
6 x 100 with fins on 2:00, 25 tarzan fly (head above water), 25 tarzan free, 25 fly, 25 free sprint
100 swim down
4 x 100 on 1:30 hard
100 swim down
4 x 25 with fins on 1:00 , 12.5 yds easy, 12.5 yards sprint all out
100 swim down
4 x 25 with fins on 45, 12.5 yds sprint, 12.5 yds easy
50 sprint for best time all out with fins from the wall
400 warm down

The tarzan fly and free were exhausting! We were all breathing hard and he gave us less than a minute between sets. I just feel slow lately. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. The only think that gets me out is knowing that I'll see the gang and get to chat with people who love the same thing I do. It's really the comaradrie of getting up at 5:15am. In the summer it is different. I really do love swimming in the ocean -- more fun with friends but still exciting alone. Not the same in the pool. There really isn't an adrenaline rush like in the ocean where anything can happen... seaweed, fish, waves, crabs, seagrass, boats, beautiful sunshine, fog, surfers... and the solitude uninterrupted by flipturns. It's much more meditative.

Well thank god for Coach. He keeps me on my toes and invested all winter. And my team. They are the best!

Sunday is the freestyle clinic with Karlyn Pipes-Neilsen. I am so looking forward to this. It will be very interesting I think.

No comments: